Monday, August 2, 2010

Preschool, Pre-K.... what the heck?

So my son will be 4 in one week.  ONE WEEK.  I can't believe he's getting so big already- it's crazy to me.  Since he's been born, he has not spent one single day in daycare.  BL and I decided when I got pregnant with him that I would be a stay at home mom to our kids, and he wouldn't be the one that brings home the bacon.  So that we did.  I take pride that I can stay home with him, watch him grow, even though some days I want to glue him to the wall. 

BUT

He will be starting school this year.  I am freaking out, a lot but only a little bit.  BL leaves for Greenland, so Austin won't be starting school in our new town until mid-November.  So I call this school that I know is a great one, have heard rave things about.  I can't get him in yet unless I want to pay the registration fee, plus start paying his monthly tuition from the beginning of school until November.  That's the only way I can hold his spot.  Um, we don't have the money for that.  Not until we get the extra moola from Greenland.  (and why is it that Greenland is full of ice, and Iceland is green?) So I have to call when we get into town and see if there's a spot that's opened up for him. 

Which brings me to the title of the post.  If he would have went last year, he would have been in "pre-school."  Since he's going to be 4, he will be in "Pre-K."  Ooookay.  And the price!  It made my jaw drop.  Literally.  It's $195.00 for a registration fee, PLUS $195.00 PER MONTH.  Is this school really worth it?  My best friends little girl goes here, and her daughter loves this place.  She learns so much, and most importantly learns about Jesus and his disciples.  But $195.00 for things he could learn in Sunday School.  What would you do?  Try to find a cheaper Christian preschool, or stick it out and pay?  Oh- and if he would be going to the "Pre-School" it would only be $145.00 a month.  That, I can swallow!

No comments:

Post a Comment